Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This role will involve Sourcing and Contracting activities that underpin the Downstream Procurement function.
Including negotiating and developing sourcing recommendations, creating and managing the RFX process and executing contract administration. Negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions.
This Role includes seeking maximum value for the company through time and cost agreements while working with technology advanced products.This role will involve Sourcing and Contracting activities that underpin the Downstream Procurement function, including negotiating and developing sourcing recommendations, creating and managing the RFX process and executing contract administration as well as negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions.
Reporting to Sourcing Manager, this role includes seeking maximum value for the company through time and cost agreements while working with technology advanced products.
- Identify and evaluate sourcing opportunities
- Sourcing event administration including invite to bid, training and supporting vendors
- Screening suppliers and selection factors
- Contract length/period, price and Terms and Condition negotiations
- Compliance to Legal, Financial and Health and Safety standards
- Manage administrative approval process e.g. contract signatures
- P2P (Procure to Pay) transactional co-ordination support
- Draft contract amendments and change request utilizing standard templates
- Understand Procurement systems and processes to manage day to day activities
- Timely and accurate update of reporting systems
- Develop a solid understanding of supply agreement templates along with basic understanding of legal concepts related to category guiding principles
- Develop customer and supplier relationship management skills including regular communication tactics.
- Handling complex End to End Sourcing requests.
- Effectively represent Procurement to the business and suppliers
- Be willing to learn the BP business and to be taught the Procurement practices of our BP Academy
- Take ownership and accountability for assigned workload
Knowledge & Experience
- College Graduate with minimum 3-5 years in a PSCM environment
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- An ability to read, understand and act with given information (reading comprehension skills)
- Must have proven experience of working at a detailed level
- Experience in sourcing for marketing categories will be preferred
- Influencing, negotiation, problem solving skills
- An ability to operate methodically including process adherence, research and analysis of systems and information
- Customer orientation with confidence and ability to follow up on pending work from business partners
- Proficient desktop computing experience - an ability to learn PSCM applications including ARIBA, SAP and Salesforce
- Proficiency in Office software
- Manage multiple activities to deliver against timelines