Skills: Cementing, Field Service Tech, Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Baker Hughes have a current opportunity for a Field Specialist- Fluids to join us working in the North Sea.
The Field Specialist - Fluids (IO) will be responsible for all drilling and completion fluids handling at the rig site as well as cementing operations within the Baker Hughes scope
This position will be part of our Integrated Operations team dedicated to offering services to our client in the UKCS.
- Under minimal or no rig-site supervision, receive and follow detailed instructions and program on how to safely perform basic hands-on duties for the assigned tasks.
- Responsibilities include job preparation, pre and post job checks, load-out, chemical handling, mixing chemicals as per program, performing mud checks, mixing and pumping cement, pressure testing and executing all tasks deemed critical.
- The Field Professional - Fluids will receive all engineering and fluids program from the remote operations team.
- Must operate company equipment in a safe manner, observing all company and government regulations and arrive at jobsite or other designated destination at scheduled time.
- Maintain good customer relations and proper communication with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain good relationship and proper communication with rig contractor personnel
- Maintain regulatory documentation as required. May be required to hold industry related certifications.
- Perform some of the main responsibilities below and other related duties as assigned for the project:
- Establishing connectivity from rig site to remote operations
- Maintaining chemical inventory on the rig site
- Perform WBM mud check & perform OBM mud check
- Input mud test results to specialists in remote operations team
- Pre & post job check on the Cementing unit/equipment
- Perform basic single slurry cementing job
- Operating batch mixers
- Operating & calibrate solid control equipment
- Operating filtration equipment
- Performing advanced slurry cementing job
- Installation of Cement head on the rig floor
- Cement Unit maintenance after job
- Radiation job execution for Drilling Services and Wireline
- Certificate of apprenticeship or other relevant technical education
- Previous experience in a similar Fluids or Cementing environment is essential
- Chemical aptitude with courage to Stop Work when you feel unsafe or experience unsafe conditions is essential
- Experience of working in the North Sea environment is essential
- Good knowledge of the OFS tools and surface equipment
- Communication skills & Problem-solving skills
- Able to work offshore
- Teamwork skills
- Basic computer skills
- Broad knowledge of different OFS product lines is preferred
- Previous experience with high-end cementing units deemed as an advantage
Location: Aberdeen, North Sea
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.