Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Skills: HR - General
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
***Note that this is for 1 year contract employment only and will require to work in shifting schedule including nightshift
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare assignment letters and compensation sheets for new and transferring expatriates, and
- Prepare repatriation letters for repatriating expatriates from host locations
- Ensure that expatriate job offer package prepared are accurate and consistent with policy
- Work with the sponsor group or request initiator on missing/pertinent information that are required in the job offer preparation
- Monitor offer reports to ensure that all offers are processed timely and accurately and participate in any investigation for offers falling outside of accepted processing time
- Process expatriate transfers for all assigned active assignments. This includes knowledge and understanding the payroll schedule and cut-off dates of the population being handled, verifying validity of position ID numbers, and updating SAP, Global Advantage (GA) and Workday systems with appropriate data
- Create and maintain expatriate records throughout the assignment to ensure all assignment, organizational,and/or life event changes are accurately reflected in the systems. This includes but is not limited to turning on and off assignments, submitting HRIM Expat requests and GA IHR requests, and amending data, as required.
- Input periodic payments in Global Advantage for capture in the expatriate's payroll
- Coordinate with Global Mobility Specialists, Home and Host country HR staff, payroll and providers to ensure seamless delivery of expatriate services
- Understand philosophy and intent of expatriate policies and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree graduate
- With 1-2-years of work experience in HR preferably obtained from a Shared Service industry
- Experience in global mobility is an advantage
- Experience in Workday is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Strong learning agility
- Demonstrated ability to influence and gain support from stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality
- Enjoys working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application
- Amenable to work in shifting schedule including nightshift
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.