- Provide continuous insight into supplier's progress towards meeting purchase order requirements, particularly delivery schedules.
- Gather available data to explain requirements against which suppliers progress can be measured.
- Monitor and report that progress to project management.
- Comply with Company and Project expediting policies and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
- Work with buyers, engineering, planning, project controls, construction, HSE and quality to ensure purchase order requirements are understood and complied with by the supplier.
- Establish formal and informal communications with assigned suppliers to enable timely, accurate and forward-looking analysis of supplier's progress at meeting interim delivery schedules of supplier data, manufacturing milestones, material deliveries, testing activities and material and equipment delivery.
- Track supplier data information movement to and from the supplier, documenting the progress in the progress management system.
- Prepare or contribute to preparation of frequent reports detailing supplier's progress, problems encountered and solutions to maintain fabrication, testing and delivery schedules. Provide pertinent information to the supplier evaluation program.
- Assist buyers in securing and validating the information that supports the timely processing of invoices for payment, especially partial and progress payments.
- May travel to suppliers' locations and fabrication shops to verify progress and to construction and operational sites to ensure deliveries are occurring as required by the project.
- Expeditor: At least 4 years initial experience at a junior level performing the assigned tasks under the close supervision of more experienced personnel.
- Education and training beyond high school is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computers and commonly-used business software, especially including data base management tools is required.
- Familiarity with industry-specific scheduling tools is an objective for advancement.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.