Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Do you enjoy working with mechanical equipment?
Do you enjoy ensuring the production of high-quality subsea equipment?
Join our cutting-edge Manufacturing team
We devise smarter systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, our subsea and surface pressure capabilities are industry leading. We manufacture an innovative, market leading flexible pipe solution for the Oil and Gas market for onshore facilities.
Take ownership for the production of our products
As a Shop Operator, based at our brand-new facility, you will support the production of our unique non-metallic piping products. You will become an expert in monitoring the building of our cutting-edge equipment and ensuring the highest quality. You will be part of a collaborative team and ensure successful delivery of customer requirements.
As a Shop Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and overseeing production runs to ensure correct operational settings and to prevent machine stoppages
- Preparing set up activities of tape machines to fulfill production schedule and to ensure readiness for piping products
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings to ensure it reflects the quality standards of the product
- Conducting inspections and assisting in maintaining production logs to review quality and to record and report any issues
- Maintaining 5S standards when performing tasks and operating motorized equipment to ensure safety and compliance
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent level of education and hands on-experience in operating mechanical machines
- Display a mechanical aptitude or an enthusiasm to learn and develop your skill set in a hands-on environment
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to be a valuable team player
- Show a basic understanding of IT such as MS Office and a desire to learn new software
- Be able to work a consistent shift that helps you balance your life and family commitments
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is a shift based working pattern. Please talk to us about the specific working patterns that works for you when you when you apply
Working with us
Working at Baker Hughes means being at the forefront of the energy transition. Our people are diverse, ambitious and collaborative. Were on a mission to redefine the energy sector by unlocking the power of engineering, data and science.
The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionised energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
. Generous annual leave and money to spend on wellbeing activities
. Life assurance and income protection
. Private medical cover
. A defined contributory savings plan
. Additional elected benefits.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, were committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and were always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Lets come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.