Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Delft, South Holland, Netherlands
As our Support Engineer you provide direct support to end users using scripts/articles and/or automated tools; when needed, capture appropriate information to escalate user issues as per a defined matrix
- Provide comprehensive technical software support of Baker Hughes JewelEarth Platform
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge at software sub-system level of the supported products with emphasis on software design and implementation.
- Provides mitigation solutions by analyzing logs, understanding the application functionality via the user interface and analyzing the code to better characterize customer issues and determine workarounds
- Interacts with customers via phone, email, and/or screen sharing tool to collect. Information and communicate workarounds and solutions in a way that technical users can understand.
- Responsible for liaising with Product Management, Software Development, and customers to provide deep level analysis to product related issues through testing, investigating, providing workarounds and resolving customer reported escalations.
- Responsible for liaising with stakeholders to keep API/SDK documentation up to date.
- Works, manages, and prioritizes a queue of tickets escalated by the level 1 and 2 support specialists and triages and analyzes these tickets with a moderate scope of complexity to find workarounds and solutions.
- Reports defects/enhancements and escalates difficult to solve/obscure issues to the development team for assistance/guidance.
- Participates in component-level testing.
- Scrum/Agile way of working is almost your second nature.
- Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 1 year of professional experience.
- Professional level in English
- Experience with software development in C#
- 1-3 years of experience in sustainment engineering, technical customer support, or software development
- Hands on operations experience with multiple application, OS and network level support
We expect that
- You are able to solve problems using accepted best practices and principles like SOLID and design patterns.
- You care about code quality.
- You are passionate about working on commercial scientific software package.
- You have good communications skills, both spoken and written in English
Delft, Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.