Skills: Safety Officer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Seongnam, South Korea
- Baker Hughes offers the opportunity as Radiation Safety officer (RSO) to be part of the team to support Inspection Technology operation in office in Seungnam Korea.
- The Radiation radioactive isotopes Safety officer (RSO) is the technical and regulatory expert on the HSE Team, and acts as the technical and regulatory resource to the Field and Management on Safety matters around Industrial Radiography in Korea
- The RSO is responsible to assure that radiation exposures to personnel are as low as reasonably possible
- Responsible for ensuring field and regional offices follow all regulations and license requirements - Field includes both Baker Hughes sites and external sites where National Laws and company Radiation Safety Policies requires the RSO to manage and support with responsibility
- The RSO is responsible for assuring that all job sites and facilities that use radiation conform to the Radioactive Material Licenses, selected industry standards and applicable government regulations Responsible for ensuring company follows all regulatory rules / laws.
- Secure and follow the compliance for Radiography license such as Design / Selling Radiography license based on local Government requirement by KINS (Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety), including when new product is introduced in Korea
- Supporting sales & service team for Customer Solutions Center to drive high utilization and performance as the center of excellence for customer satisfaction and company growth.
- Review local & national laws and Operations & Emergency Manual (O&E) to recommend modifications to enhance and ensure the compliance, safety, and efficiency of the Radiation Safety Program with Corporate RSO.
- Takes responsibilities for Radiation Safety at the base making sure BH's Radiation related operations are completely compliant with National Laws and company Radiation Safety Policies.
- Liaises with Government officers on all Radiation related matters such as import/export, registration/deregistration and transportation etc., making sure BH's Radiation related operations are completely compliant with National Laws and company Radiation Safety Policies.
- Works closely with Operations to make sure appropriate Radioactive Materials are dispatched to/from wellsite on time with appropriate paperwork, as per operational requirements.
- Coordinates/conducts routine maintenance/inspection on BH's Radioactive Materials in accordance with company Radiation Safety Policies. Maintains company Radiation Database in a timely manner.
- Coordinates/conducts Radiation Safety training courses for company Radiation Workers in accordance with the requirements of National Laws and company Radiation Safety Policies.
- Coordinates routine physical examinations for company Radiation Workers in accordance with the requirements of National Laws and company Radiation Safety Policies.
- Responsible for the management of personal Radiation Badges, including distribution, collecting and returning to headquarter.
- Responsible for the assessment and approval of personal class for using CSC (e.g. radiation worker, frequent entrant, etc.)
- Establishes Dose Records and Health Records for Radiation Workers.
- Perform and/or review investigations of overexposures, accidents, losses, thefts, unauthorized receipts, misuses or other deviations from approved radiation safety practice and implement corrective actions when necessary
- Respond to radiation safety emergencies and prepare and submit reports to the appropriate governing bodies
- Responsible for Korea
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) License applications, renewals, and notifications including Isotope and X-ray tubes unless covered by other entities.
- Directly responsible to NRC for License, any items of non-compliance and corrective action
- Responsible for employee radiation safety equipment maintenance, inventory, and calibrations
- Responsible to ensure that employees are trained, carded, and background checked
- Responsible for source storage facilities and access rights to devices, if applicable.
- Responsible for tracking, alarming and locating Isotopes in the Field
- Assist regional/local HSE specialist
- Responsible for ensuring field and regional offices follow all regulations and license requirements
- Additional items as deemed necessary by the business
- SRI(supervisor radiography Isotope) license is required for this role.
- 3 - 5 years in related experience.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.