Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £300 - £600 per day + negotiable
Location: London, United Kingdom
Primat Recruitment is looking for a Protection & Control Senior Engineer to join a multinational electrical utility company. The duration of this role has been confirmed for a minimum of 4 months however it is expected to last considerably longer. You will be based in London, UK however regular travel is required within this role to the likes of Paris, Madrid and Berlin.
Ensure that the Protection, Control and Metering systems provided by contractors (including Substation Control System, Protection System, Platform Auxiliary Control system and Metering systems) are designed and delivered in accordance with the Employer's requirements, the Grid Code and Network Connection Agreements requirements, other TSO requirements, the Company standards, industry relevant standards and best engineering practices. Review and acceptance of technical deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Protection Single Line Diagram
- Protection basic design
- Trip Matrix
- Tripping philosophy
- Protection detailed design
- Protection Coordination Study, including review of protection settings and configurations files
- SCS Functional Description
- Control Architecture
- Communications Architecture
- Protection and Control Equipment List
- Signal list (including hardwired and communicated with third party systems)
- Panel drawings (layout drawings, circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams,...)
- Logic diagrams, including interlocks and tripping logics
- HMI Representation
- SCADA database
- Testing Procedures and certificates
- Interfaces with other systems, including protection system interface with TSO, signal exchange with TSO, interface for control and protection of WTG switchgear
- CT/VT specifications and calculation reports
- Wiring diagram for interconnection
- Proven experience in engineering specification, design, commissioning and management of Protection, Control and Metering systems, including technical specifications, I/O lists, panel electrical drawings, interlocks, electrical protection design and protection SLD, control architecture, communication network, control logics, metering design, etc.
- Experience in wind farm industry substation control and protection.
- Deep knowledge of electrical substations including electrical drawings.
- Fluent in English.