Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The HS&E Manager provides Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) oversight, guidance, development and management support to the manufacturing facility. Provides insight, advisement, and counsel to production leaders on topics including safety culture development and site alignment, corporate and site capabilities (people and equipment), regulatory compliance and emerging HS&E issues. This position is the primary owner of the sites HS&E Policies and Management Systems ensuring the site complies with all current safety and environmental regulations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer HS&E programs for Personal Safety and Environmental Compliance to achieve continuous improvement and process and performance stability across the enterprise
• Manage and serve as the principal liaison between the company and various government and regulatory agencies or other external stakeholder groups
• Communicate with facility management teams at Calumet's manufacturing facilities, in a manner that supports, safe work practices, HS&E Regulatory Compliance and continuous improvement and uniformity in HS&E Practices
• Evaluate,develop, and maintain adherence and conformance with facility permits, government regulations, and division HS&E Policies
• Work with operations leadership, other departments and the facilities in managing risks
• Provide support and technical guidance to operations personnel to ensure programs are effectively implemented and maintained
• Develop,maintain and drive HS&E performance metrics/improvement across the site
• Monitor regulatory emerging issues and industry trends to ensure sustained enterprise wide good performance
• Perform risk assessments and develop JSAs
• Other Responsibilities as assigned.
• Good analysis and reporting skills
• Advanced written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree (Safety, Biology, Science, or Engineering)
• 2 or more years of PSM (Process Safety Management) experience
• 3 or more years of HS&E Leadership (managing processes and preferably HS&E employees) with experience in the following:
Champion of plant safety in a manufacturing/packaging environment
Developing processes and procedures (group and individual)
Supervision of annual inspection visits
Annual Regulatory Reporting
Risk assessment and Risk Management
• 3 or more years of relevant experience with strong knowledge of compliance regulations and industry practices:
Tier II, Tier III Water Sampling
Lock out tag out
• Operational knowledge and understanding of petrochemical businesses, processes, and operations from an HS&E perspective.
About Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
A Commitment to Excellence in Hydrocarbon Specialty Products
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products; produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel; and provides oilfield services and products to customers throughout the United States.
Calumet is based in Indianapolis and produces nearly 3,500 unique specialty products used in the development of the world’s most trusted brands and products. Calumet is vertically integrated and holds a comprehensive portfolio of branded products for use in commercial, industrial, and consumer applications. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, the company employs approximately 1,600 people and operates 10 facilities across North America, including 9 specialty products manufacturing and production facilities. Calumet products and services are available in approximately 52 countries across the world; serving approximately 4,400 customers globally.