- Act as the department's single point of contact for matters related to safety, loss prevention, environment, occupational health, compliance and operational excellence.
- Implement the department customized version of the Saudi Aramco Safety Management System to meeting the unconventional rig-less well completion operations' safety objectives and expectations. This includes assisting engineering, operations and planning teams in up keeping existing and developing new safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations, etc.
- Implement the department customized version of the Saudi Aramco Environmental Management System.
- Conduct frequent scheduled or ad-hoc field inspections of unconventional rig-less well completion operations sites.
- Participate in various safety studies/activities including PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, work permitting, incident investigations using root cause analysis and similar methods, compliance reviews, or and insurance surveys.
- Participate in or lead risk studies or conduct consequence analyses..
- Develop and update operational excellence standards and ensure sound and timely implementation of related OE processes and policies.
- Review engineering designs for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
- Respond to emergency situations and incidents, either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
- Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs, to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
- Act as a mentor to other OE/compliance engineers.
- Participate in contractor prequalification evaluation activities and review contractor safety submittals for compliance to corporate requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- The candidate shall hold a Petroleum Engineering degree or equivalent level of qualification
- 8-10 years of extensive safety, environmental and compliance experience.
- A background in well completion/intervention/servicing activities is preferred.
- Knowledge of recent oilfield safety and environmental policies.
- Experience in conducting and leading incident investigations is highly desired.
- Candidates holding a professional certification in a compliance discipline is preferred.