Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Ontario, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Project Controls Cost Advisor for a 1 year contract in Chatham, Ontario. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate. No LOA is provided for this position.
The Cost Control Advisor works independently to monitor, control and report on the cost-related aspects of projects managed by the assigned project management teams. This includes ensuring that costs for assigned projects are identified, accounted for and reported in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with the company's established business practices and procedures.
• Collecting information for project cost estimates, establishing control budgets, on-going monitoring and control of incurred project costs, cost forecasting, cost variance analysis and cost reporting to various stakeholders • Provide capital cost control, variance analysis and reporting requirements for multiple complex and multi-disciplined projects.
• Ensure that cost control processes are applied in the execution of their project activities.
• Interpret project-specific business requirements and ensure alignment with the project lifecycle gating control processes.
• Interface with Project Manager and Functional Group Leads to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
• Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
• Post-Secondary education in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years with similar cost tracking experience. Equivalent combinations of training and/or related experience will be considered.
• Sound knowledge and experience working with cost tracking systems.
• Earned Value Management (EVM) experience • Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Computer skills using Microsoft Office products (Office, Word, Excel, Project).
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal level of supervision
• Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
NICE TO HAVES:
• Familiarity with Ecosys, SAP, Oracle
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.