Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruitingfor Electrician Helpers with construction experience for our Cheyenne, WY project.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
You will plan, layout, install, and repair wiring, conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment. Must be available to work day or night shift.
- Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints insuring that concealed wring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit
- Pulls wiring through conduit
- Splices wires and applies tape or terminal caps
- Connects wring to lighting fixtures and power equipment
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads
- Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker panels
- Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment and supplies
Skills / Qualifications
- Preferred 1 to 2 years of experience in Wyoming electrical discipline
- Work at heights without fear
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often
- Knowledge of LOTO procedures
- Be able to distinguish colors
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules
- Capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees
- Be motivated and work safely and productively
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.