Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Greater Plutonio, Angola
Responsible for undertaking safe and compliant export tanker activity that includes mooring/unmooring, loading and sailing operations. Support the day to day operation and management of the export terminal. Responsible for the operation of mooring and export equipment and ensuring that this equipment is maintained properly. (Comment: The majority of the engineering, inspection, projects and maintenance work will be delivered by the Maintenance and Engineering organization.)Education:
- Hold a Class 1 Deck Certificate of Competency
- Hold a Dangerous Cargo Endorsement for hydrocarbons handled at the specific facility.
- Additional local qualifications as determined by local legislation
- Experience and Job Requirements:
- Experience sailing in a Senior Deck Officer (Master or Chief Officer) rank aboard hydrocarbon carrying vessels.
- Extensive technical understanding of marine activity, demonstrable experience in marine operations.
- Knowledgeable and trained in the ISPS code to PFSO level
- Contractor management skills.
- People leadership and stakeholder management experience.
- Maximum 20 years of experience in Maritime industry
- Responsible for final inspection and acceptance of Export Tankers upon arrival at the Marine Terminal to ensure compliance with BP rules
- /regulations, and recognised industry best practices standards from bodies such as OCIMF or SIGTTO eg ISGOTT.
- Responsible for completion of safe berthing / un-berthing and safe hose connection and disconnection operations. Ensure that Export Tanker operations are conducted in compliance with any local legislative requirements and BP practices
- Follow internal BP safety, behavioural and leadership programmes & processes
- Ensure that all pre-load documentation is completed and agreed by all parties, principally the Export Tanker Master, Surveyors, and Marine Terminal personnel completing the cargo documentation
- Ensure all pre-load and operational safety checks are completed diligently and correctly by both the Export Tanker and the Marine Terminal with complete and accurate records being maintained. Ensure hourly monitoring and comparisons are made between the Export Tanker and Marine
- Terminal and advise Marine Terminal of any discrepancies. Ensure ongoing monitoring of off-take tanker position and operational performance throughout the loading operation. Intervene as required
- Manage cargo documentation such as Bill of Loading and the issue and receipt of Notes of Protest
- Responsible for activities associated with the operation of mooring and export equipment, pre-export and other routine operational checks and inspections of the jetty, hose string, mooring equipment, CALM Buoy as applicable.
- Support the Marine Terminal on any marine activities as required. Support the region in Emergency Response Marine scenarios as necessary
- Ensure that any issues and deficiencies with export equipment such as hoses, mooring equipment, berthing aids and the like are addressed in a timely manner and do not impact export tanker operations