Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sunbury-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom
bp are looking a Consultant Data Engineer to join us in our Sunbury offices on a permanent basis, working within our Information Technology and Services team.
At IT&S, all of our roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
We are looking for an Engineer with background in Data Analytics to work with our Enterprise Big Data platform team. This will include elements of development, data engineering, data integration, some end-user support and be responsible for supporting all aspects of data engineering delivery from scoping, design, development and test support, solution acceptance, production implementation and support. You will be within the platform team working closely with use case delivery teams. The role will combine elements of traditional SDLC execution as well as hands-on data engineering facing off to business partners, other IT teams and supporting the platform DevOps team.
- Produce prototypes by quickly translating requirements into demonstrable data pipelines and iterate solution in short cycles
- Interrogate platform data sources using SQL & python and produce views of useful information to meet various business requirements
- Produce design artefacts to describe key components and interactions for development by self and team
- Maintain and improve the data engineering SDLC and framework
- Support of development and test activity of bp consumers
- Maintenance and development of transitioned data pipelines under enterprise and leadership of transition activities
- Support, maintain and improve reference implementation and documentation for key design patterns and standard methodology
- Maintenance and development of DataOps test frameworks, utilities and related assets
- Development of additional data engineering utilities for bp consumers
- Demonstration and documentation of evidence to demonstrate Acceptance Criteria
- Documentation of implementation for support and maintenance
- Mathematics/Computer Science/Data Science/Data Engineering/numerical related degree and/or have equivalent experience
- SQL skills for pipeline development and analysis
- Python for pipeline development and analysis
- Experience in toolsets for agile delivery management and DevOps; for example, Azure DevOps (ADO) or JIRA
- Experience in integrated toolsets for supporting CI/CD, for example GIT or BitBucket, and cloud deployment services
- Experience of big data engineering environment delivering data pipelines, and ETL concepts
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Experience of developing dashboards using data visualization tools such as Power BI & Tableau
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.