The Field Specialist for In-Line Inspection (ILI) will be a vital member of the Process & Pipeline Services (PPS) team, as this role will be responsible for carrying out preparation, mobilization & infield deployment activities in a number of key technologies for which technical certifications have been attained.Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Field Specialist, you will:
- Utilize knowledge of preparation & maintenance of tools for infield deployment
- Provide front-line troubleshooting of electro-mechanical inspection equipment
- Assist in the reduction of in line inspection tool maintenance costs
- Identify quality or productivity issues & potential solutions
- Ensure Field activities produce zero deficiencies & enable flawless field execution
- Partner with Application Engineering team to ensure that equipment reliability & performance is consistently high, aiming to continually raise Technical & Operational first run success rate (CRS/TRS/ORS) to industry leading standards & meeting annual goals for US Region
- Work closely with Application Engineering & Shop to reduce HSE risks in field, minimize lifting operations, obtain lighter, more user-friendly support equipment, lifting equipment
- Obtain Level 1/Level 2 qualification/certification to perform field activities through competency management programs & workmanship standards across the MFL, CPIG, Gemini, TFI, Caliper, UT technologies & industry standard
- Support root cause analysis activities to enable prevention of reoccurring field failures
- Fully accountable for leading highest level of HSE culture & compliance throughout field operations with support of HSE organization
- Display infield interaction & excellent customer service, anticipation, personal accountability, support to each other & continuous improvement mindset
- Timely communication of accurate metrics of Field operations progress, milestones, customer service satisfaction, productivity, HSE, Quality performance
- Develop continuous improvement of service quality as measured by customer satisfaction responses (NPS, unsolicited positive & negative feedbacks)
- Additional duties as required by the business
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1+ year of experience with operating smart pigs.
- Must be mechanically inclined with experience using mechanical tools
- Must be comfortable working with Computers and learning new systems and softwares as needed.
- Travel up to 50% to 75% of the time, as required.
- Maybe required to obtain a TWIC card to travel offshore if needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Associate degree from a technical school and/or certification from technical training facilities
- 2 years of experience in field services
- Technical Certification in One or Two Levels in multiple technologies
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Proven aptitude to be trained in electronic & mechanical disciplines
- Proven ability in the assembly, maintenance & preparation of mechanical &/or electronic equipment
- Self-motivated & dynamic approach to tasks, flexible & willing team player
- Strong communication, influential & interpersonal skills
- Familiarity & ability to manage maintenance activities systems (Ex. SAP/Oracle, Maximo, MaPS, etc.).
- Passionate about customers with a demonstrable sense of urgency with customer requests
- Results-driven & deadline orientated
- Excel at prioritizing workload & initiatives in a conflicting-priorities, fast-pace changing environment.
Houston, TX 77041
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.