United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Arab Emirates
The Chief Electrician will be required to perform maintenance and repair of various electrical systems on the offshore installation within safety and regulatory body compliance standards.
• Responsible for diagnosis and perform troubleshooting and repair for electrical equipment, systems and devices. Equipment worked on will cover all kinds of synchronous, transformers, trip devices, meters, control panels, switchboards, inverters, battery chargers and generators.
• Perform post-job checks and testing of equipment after repairs.
• Perform equipment installation, testing and modification.
• Able to read and fully comprehend manuals, schematics, blueprints, as built drawings of the rig and all related equipment.
• Provide on-site supervision of Electricians & Trainees, ensuring the work is done properly and all safety regulations are adhered to.
• Provide on-the-job training for Electricians & Trainees.
• Liaison with the drill crew, and others as required for the proper scheduling of repairs and maintenance work.
• Complete on-site work permits, perform pre-job checks and assign maintenance and repair jobs to Electricians as per their individual experience level.
• Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual inspections and maintenance as set forth in the preventative maintenance program.
• Complete daily electrician's reports, equipment maintenance reports, and preventative maintenance reports, distribute as required.
• Order materials and supplies as require d for implementing necessary repairs and maintaining an on-site stock level of expendables and critical spares.
• Valid OGUK Medical Certificate, endorsed with additional drug/alcohol test
• Valid Sea Survival and Fire Fighting Certificate
• Valid Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) Certificate - OPITO Approved
• Valid Compex Training Certificate would be advantageous
• Minimum of 10 years of offshore working experience with 5 years as a Chief Electrician on a Jack-Up Drilling Rig.