Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a Scada Technician with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
• Troubleshoots breakdowns, diagnoses faults and executes repairs; Refers problems to the supervisor; Maintains good housekeeping at work site and ensure tools and equipment are kept in good working order.
• Must be able to troubleshoot problems with Omni/PLC system and HMI software.
• Receives daily instructions and obtains required materials and equipment from the supervisor.
• Must be able to build panels from drawings and troubleshoot Omni.
• Adheres to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work including following detailed procedures indicated in work permits.
• Additional duties as instructed by supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3-5 years' experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.