Baker Hughes has an opening for a Plant Manager in Kilgore, TX. The incumbent will be the on-site leader for a chemical blending facility. This position requires a creative and pro-active individual to lead a group of 30 employees in a dynamic, challenging production environment supplying specialty chemicals to the region. High energy, internal motivation, creative problem solving, second-to-none communication and leadership abilities are critical to success. The successful manager will be responsible for all aspects of plant operations, leading and directing site staff to achieve established targets and KPI`s. On-going Process Improvement is critical to success, as well as the development and management of programs regulating health and safety activities, environmental compliance, quality, delivery, cost, manufacturing efficiency and capital project execution.Essential Responsibilities:
Under minimal supervision, the Plant Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Establishes and supports an organization that instinctively drives process improvement in all facets of the operation.
- Exceed KPIs in all key business functions: HSE, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost.
- Internal and external customer satisfaction, including order fulfillment, order management, communication and execution.
- Leads the workforce in continuous improvement activities and benchmarks appropriate standards of conduct throughout the operation.
- Maintaining high employee morale and engagement.
- Maintain certification in key programs.
- Ensure the facility maintains and exemplifies PSM compliance in all areas.
- Manage and oversee annual budget and operating costs.
- Identify, prioritize and execute capital projects in a responsible and timely manner.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Exemplifies BHI Core Values at all times: Grow, Collaborate, Lead, and Care.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or relevant industry equivalent experience.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience.
- 5+ years leadership experience in a supply chain or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean and Six Sigma, and experience using these concepts to drive improvement and sustain performance.
- Strong Supply Chain competencies: Manufacturing, Distribution, Inventory Management, Order Fulfillment and Process Analysis.
- General understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Prior experience with chemicals, other dangerous goods, manufacturing and warehouse environments is valuable.
- Proven leadership and management abilities.
- History of process improvement and change-management.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- 8+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Results-oriented with strong implementation skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A high level of influencing skills to achieve results without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in a diverse team environment, working closely with mechanics, operators, engineers, and management to solve problems and address systemic issues related to equipment reliability.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.