Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Delft, South Holland, Netherlands
Our company is currently in search of several talented Software Developers to help increase our dynamic, growing Development Teams in Delft (Zuid-Holland). As part of one of our 10+ Scrum teams, you will be working together with the Product Owner and Domain Experts on our application, JewelSuite and our current platform, JewelEarth.
The JewelSuite™ Subsurface Modeling application is an innovative, powerful tool to quickly create precise geological models-regardless of the reservoir's structural complexity-in half the time as traditional solutions. The application can rapidly build multiple scenarios and accelerates analysis of alternative possible outcomes for determining optimal field development plans.
The JewelEarth™software platform provides (API) services, user interface components, domain objects, commands and serialization capabilities that are the foundational functionality for all JewelSuite™ software applications. The JewelEarth™SDK enables you to easily build your own differentiating software applications, create workflow standards through set workflow panels, and connect to proprietary databases or other subsurface applications.
You will help us deliver our products quickly and with high quality by
- Taking ownership of the software development process
- Pro-actively contributing to continuously improve our code and development processes
- Being passionate about working in a product development environment
- Showing craftsmanship and being passionate about quality
- Being motivated by complex architecture and code
- Being passionate about helping our products to stay "future-proof"
- Adding value to the team through your knowledge and programming skills. With your team grow in achieving unique and outstanding performance
- Enjoying to learn from your motivated and skilled colleagues and in turn sharing your knowledge
- Not afraid to ask questions and excel in your profession
What are we looking for
- Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent with significant experience in software development
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Visual Studio and C#
- Thorough knowledge of software architecture, object oriented design, unit testing, and best practices (e.g.: SOLID, TDD, BDD etc.)
- Experience working with complex structures, multi-threading, design patterns
- Experience with Scrum/Agile software development
- Experience in technical or scientific software engineering is a plus
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
What's in it for you
- Working in a multicultural and with multiple other teams in a project following Scrum/SAFe principles
- Working together with domain experts on exciting scientific software in the Oil & Gas domain
- Being part of a passionate community of development professionals
- Access to self-learning resources (e.g. PluralSight)
- Our commitment for the long run (by providing trainings, career growth, knowledge sharing)
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus program
- Healthcare allowance (€ 138,70 gross per month)
- 25 Vacation days, the year after (if not been ill) 5 days extra
- As part of our Continuous Improvement we are open for your ideas
Delft, Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.