Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Maintenance Technician, NDT Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Wyoming, United States
• Provide day-to-day troubleshooting, corrective maintenance, and defect elimination for operating control systems.
• Perform periodic maintenance and system / device performance testing; document system tuning or configuration changes, calibrations, and test equipment.
• Participate in project P&ID and cause & effect drawing reviews. Ensure proposed project design will integrate with existing control system architecture and infrastructure
• Develop, test and implement control and shutdown logic to implement project P&IDs and shutdown matrices; work with SCADA team to address system requirements, database creation, graphics, configuration, and FCO.
• Support supply chain in instrumentation systems and control / SCADA equipment procurement activities.
• Conduct factory acceptance testing and field inspection, installation, & testing.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license.
• 10+ years of field experience in process automation and industrial control system troubleshooting, maintenance, testing, and design.
• Strong troubleshooting skills. Ability to investigate trends, interpret vendor data, data sheets, drawings, and process flow diagrams; ability to interpret sequence of event tables and logs in relationship to the plant process, instrumentation devices, and controls configuration; ability to read and understand P&IDs, electrical prints, schematics, loop drawings, loop sheets, and technical bulletins.
• Ability to troubleshoot computer and network issues; deploy software; develop and build up process control network operator interface stations, applications stations, database management and maintenance; and comply with corporate process control network cyber security policies.
• Understanding of controls philosophies and standards for different equipment designs, i.e.: ladder logic, structured text, function block logic, and recipe driven processes.
• Proficiency with common Industrial control system programming languages and associated syntax and code documentation requirements.
• Familiarity with PSM, ISA and NFPA codes and regulations as pertaining to the process industry.
• Ability to configure/program the following systems at an expert level.
o Emerson Delta V & associated components.
o Rockwell ControlLogix/RSLogix5/RSLogix500/connected components and associated communications.
o Siemens S7/400's & PCS7.
o Ethernet switches, firewalls, MW wireless radios, fiber optic systems.
o Bentley Nevada and Emerson Process vibration monitoring equipment.
o Process instrumentation (flow, pressure, level, temperature), control valves, variable speed drives, online analyzers, wireless instruments, vibration, etc.
o Industrial data communication networks including Foundation Fieldbus, Modbus, CHARMS, Ethernet/ IP, TCP/IP, AB-DH+, and other serial and wireless interfaces.
o Expert knowledge and ability to tune complex PID and Fuzzy Logic control loops, and augmentations of each, such as Feed Forward Control; and a basic knowledge of Neural Networks and Model Predictive Control.
o MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
• Expertise in PHA and LOPA and its implementation requirements regarding safety instrumented systems and safety instrumented functions.
• Good understanding of power generation and Solar turbines and their controls.
• Understanding of power management systems and load-shed schemes.
• Proficient with GE and Schneider medium voltage relay applications and troubleshooting.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.