Skills: Project Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection, Reliability Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Support the Project Quality Manager in the planning and implementation of the Project Quality Management System (PQMS) activities within assigned Offshore Projects.
- Plan and implement the Quality Assurance activities within assigned Offshore Projects.
- When the Project Quality Manager is not defined, coordinate the project Quality activities implementation.
- Provide the necessary back-up to the Project Quality Manager (PQM) regarding quality contractual issues both during tender and project execution phase.
- Support the PQM in the implementation of the Project Quality Management System (PQMS) activities and the identification, preparation and distribution of needed Project Quality Plans and Procedures in accordance with the Company Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensure that the integrity of the Project QMS is maintained when changes are made to the Company QMS.
- Ensure that the correct implementation of the Project QMS is checked and monitored through the planning of Quality Audits.
- Ensure that the correct implementation of planned Quality Audits, taking in account all project processes, including the issue of relevant audit reports.
- Ensure, within the project organization, the planning of activities aimed at promoting the applicable Contractual Quality Requirements.
- Conduct external audit to Vendors and Subcontractors QMS, as assigned.
- Support the PQM in relations with the Client and with the Authorities responsible for quality matters.
- Participates to Project Management meetings, to ensure coordination between Quality activities and Project Management Activities.
- Ensure the preparation and issue of QC Specifications, Quality Control Plans, Inspection and Test Plans for the works, coordinating and agreeing the checks by the Technical Departments and Client.
- Ensure the issue of quality requirements to be incorporated, in the contractual documents, with Vendors and Subcontractors and organizations in charge of works.
- Support the management of nonconformities.
- Promote appropriate actions in order to prevent or eliminate potential non-conformities and their causes.
- Support the management of SAIPEM Cost of Non Quality process.
- Ensure knowledge and awareness of Quality requirements within the Project Team, also performing Quality Training Activities.
- Collect and analyze project quality data also in order to organize and lead the Project Quality Management Review.
- Support the management of SAIPEM Lessons Learned process.
- Support the SAIPEM Customer Satisfaction process implementation.
- Support the Project Self Verification process implementation.
- As Defined per Company Authority Matrix or department managers discretion.
- Computer hardware and software assigned
- Project Quality Team members, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or four (4) years of Project Quality Offshore experience as a Project Quality Engineer.
- 3 - 7 years of quality experience with a demonstrable track record in the Offshore Project Quality Management
- Special Skills/Knowledge:
- Must have knowledge of quality, engineering, and oil and gas terminology.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English, Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Standard to approach correctly all Quality Matters. (a plus)
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking in public forums.
- Must be computer literate. Must be able to independently use personal computing applications, e.g. MS Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Outlook;
- Must be able to work independently.
- Working knowledge of Welding, NDE, Coating, and NACE (a plus)
- Must have legal authorization to travel / work in all assigned counties - both North and South America, Europe, and European Union counties.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.
- Office / field environment. Must have flexibility in working hours to achieve assigned responsibilities. Mostly office based.
- Must be able to travel internationally to Project Job Sites (assigned projects).
- Must be able to obtain / maintain a valid Passport to travel internationally.
- Must be able to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to touch, feel, manipulate; reach with hands and arms.
- Must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 15 lbs. and occasionally may be required to lift and/or move objects up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.