Skills: Operations Management, Project Management, Subsea Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Qatar
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Operations Engineer is responsible for all forthcoming fabrication, logistic and operational local / on site activities before, during and after vessel operations.
Oversees all aspects of the day to day operations activities of the project.
- Draw up country/project specific support plan. Including immigration plan, vessel/project logistic plan and custom clearance plan;
- Develop vessel importation strategy and follow up the activities;
- Manage shipping agents with regards to port calls, barge movements and take care of all forthcoming requirements;
- Take over duties of Operations Manager and/or Logistics Managers, if necessary.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training;
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including department meetings and other related efforts;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- To contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices;
- To contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct;
- Assisting Project Operations Manager in all areas deemed necessary and appropriate, providing positive contribution to technical, planning, safety and quality performance of the Qatar and/or KSA operations organisation, in accordance with Client, Contractual, regulatory and Subsea 7 requirements;
- Visiting Sites and Vessels to discuss operational aspects/issues on projects.
- Liaise with Vessel Operations Manager and Offshore Construction Manager, if necessary
- Liaise with Project Engineers
- Liaise with Logistic Department
- Liaise with Fabrication Manager and Engineer
- Directs Sub-Contractors, agents and local authorities.