Skills: Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Under general supervision, the Proposal Coordinator communicates and coordinates information between the business development manager(s), proposal manager, project planner, engineer, material planner, procurement, manufacturing, and fellow members of the Tender team for the development of proposals and prequalification packages. Perform all essential and secondary functions shown below.
The Proposal Coordinator reports to the Tendering Manager.
- Develop master folder and subfolder structure for each tender; upload RFP documents; grant appropriate category of access to each tender team member, etc.
- Read and comprehend Invitation to Tender (ITT) and Prequalification (PQ) documents from Customer and generate summary document defining all proposal requirements. Clarify any item(s) that are unclear.
- Determine, in collaboration with Proposal Manager, physical format for tender, including cover set, tabs, photos, etc. When consensus is achieved, send out for printing, etc. In addition, determine electronic submittal format to provide the client with a well-planned, navigable electronic tender.
- Plan proposal reviews and submittal deadlines in collaboration with Proposal Manager.
- Participate in tender process meetings as needed.
- Performs the Document Control function for the tenders such as MDRs, organization and distribution of clarifications and new information received by the client.
- Alert Proposal Manager to potential problems in Proposal development / production.
- Provide original writing, as requested (Ex: CVs, project descriptions, company history, organization charts, etc.). Perform Internet and other research, as requested or required.
- Review original writing by tender team members for grammatical errors and clarity.
- Coordinates with other departments for the receipt of proposal deliverables and apprises the Proposal Manager immediately about missed deadlines, submittal of incomplete information, etc.
- Assembles final proposal documents and collaborates with the Proposal Manager for the submittal to the Customer.
- Provides specific input to "lessons learned" data base after submittal of each tender.
- Develop Prequalification packages in collaboration with Business Development and Proposal Managers.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of college / university 4-year diploma program, preferably in Marketing or Journalism and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the offshore Oil and Gas Industry.
- Minimum of 3 years solid hands-on development of tenders, marketing, or communications in the offshore Oil & Gas Industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to read and understand Invitation to Tender (ITT) and Prequalification (PQ) documents and requirements.
- Able to plan and manage work in an organized, efficient manner without extensive supervision.
- Assertive, able and willing to expedite tender team members, offering assistance as appropriate, to encourage meeting of assigned internal deadlines for information submittal to tender team.
- Must be computer proficient in MS Office and willing to learn and apply new software packages in a short time period.
- Must be fluent and proficient in the Spanish language.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Must have flexibility in working hours to achieve assigned responsibilities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate i.e., business office with computer workstations and computer printers, with light traffic. However, work assignments may require travel to remote offices where there may be some variation to the environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work effectively under stress and time pressures, including planned and unplanned extended hours, as required.
- Must be able to stand; walk; sit. May be required to lift and/or move objects up to 35 lbs.
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.