Skills: Civil Engineering, Marine Engineering, Construction Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: €650 - €651 per day
Location: Brittany, France
Role: Port Engineer
End: Q1 2021
Our Client is developing the Installation & Construction (I&C) port base in Lezardrieux and is assessing several locations for permanent Operations & Maintenance (O&M) port base (St Quay portieux and St. Malo).
Client has already a CONSULTANT, which is responsible for Project Management Support for I&C Port and O&M. However, Client requires a Port Engineer to manage CONSULTANT as well as to interface with the project team and lead on other activities
The Service is to assist CLIENT on the delivery of the I&C and O&M ports
The Scope of Work shall include but not be limited to:
- Assist CLIENT on I&C, mainly identification and analysis of alternatives, planning and delivery.
- Lead to identify the solution for a permanent port O&M base.
- Plan, scope, monitor and supervision of the work done by CONSULTANT,
- Collaborate with CONSULTANT, jointly producing deliverables.
- Work independently on own deliverables assigned by the Construction manager.
- Report and manage the programme and budget, including initial and continuing progress. Documentation shall be in English and French language.
- Keep local stake holder team updated on the progress of works.
- Prepare reports to assist the Construction Manager on the decision making.
- Ensure CLIENT interests are protected.
- Participation in regular coordination meetings with CONSULTANT, internal and with external stakeholders as required.
Qualification and Experience
Personnel must have an engineering degree, on a discipline related to ports infrastructures (e.g. Civil Engineer).
The Engineer must have demonstrable experience in the planning, design and construction of ports infrastructure in France.
It is also required to demonstrate experience in local legislation, construction regulations, consents, stakeholders, etc., applicable to ports infrastructure and to buildings construction in port areas.
Port Engineer shall be able to communicate in French language. Therefore Advance (C1) level is the minimum requirement.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.