Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge, and with the right technology, geothermal energy can play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
Fervo Energy seeks to hire a Supply Chain Analyst to design and maintain Company's supply chain management tools and processes. The Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for supporting design and implementation of Fervo Energy's invoicing, contracting, and cost management tools as well as leading negotiations and onboarding of key suppliers. The position is a contract position with a term of three months. Candidates must be available for immediate start. The position will report to the COO and is based in Houston, TX, although remote work candidates will be considered.
• Design and implement methods, processes, and database to manage supply chain data
• Select and manage the implementation of an automated procurement system to streamline the purchasing process, and ensure that it integrates with an accounts payable automation system
• Onboard all contractors by communicating the documentation required from them and deliver onboarding documentation from Fervo to the contractors
• Develop a filing system to capture documentation received from contractors
• Contact vendors, suppliers, contactors to initiate new orders or follow up on the existing orders, such as delivery times, transportation of goods, and any other coordination required between the field and the suppliers for seamless operations
• Support documenting the scope of work, purchase order, or any other item that may be required to confirm an order or work
• Track invoices from the contractors, compare the terms on the invoice to the contract or purchase order. Manage disputes based on the contract signed. Schedule and process invoices to be paid on time (based on the terms captured on the contracts)
• Consolidate Fervo's credit card charges with the contractor invoices
• Research and implement accounts payable tools available for small companies that can streamline Fervo's contractor payment process
5+ years of experience working in a supply chain management role in oil & gas or geothermal
Experience implementing new supply chain management tools at new or established companies
Experience working to improve all aspects of the supply chain by streamlining steps
Experience working in and maintaining databases Desire to work in a dynamic startup environment at an organization driven by a passion for sustainability
Detail-oriented, strong data analysis skills Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a relevant program
Houston, TX although remote work will be considered.
About Fervo Energy
Fervo Energy commercializes technology to own, develop, and operate geothermal assets as the dispatchable foundation to a 100% clean energy future. As a 24/7, reliable clean energy resource, geothermal energy has a major role to play in the future electric grid and Fervo Energy's key innovations bring a full suite of modern technology to make geothermal cost competitive. Fervo's innovations include technologies such as advanced computational models, horizontal drilling, and distributed fiber optic sensing that we have developed with partners including Schlumberger, ARPA-E, and the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. Fervo is supported through Cyclotron Road, the Department of Energy, Stanford University, and Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume.
Fervo Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.