Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bayswater, Western Australia, Australia
Type of contract: Permanent
The Global Supply Chain Manager will manage and provide leadership in the global supply chain function. The person will deliver long-term sustainable supply for all aspects of the supply chain which is aligned to Schlumberger's requirements and specifications at the lowest possible cost.
The Global Supply Chain Manager is assigned to lead the Distribution and P&S functions with moderate to high supply chain activities, focusing on leading the alignment and implementation of Supply Chain strategies including staffing, recruiting and training of supply chain personnel and being responsible and accountable for the performance of the Supply Chain Pilllars (Materials Management, Logistics, Procurement and Sourcing) and define appropriate action plan to improve this performance.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate experience and competency in the following areas:
- Reside in Adelaide or Australia and have the full right to live and work in Australia
- No travel restrictions and open to relocation in Australia based on company's requirement
- Must have minimum Bachelor of Business in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years industry manufacturing and supply chain experience in Oil and Gas industry, preferably within a well intervention/downhole product environment
- Ability to commercialise current and future new products
- Build and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders for all supply chain activities
- Regular auditing of Schlumberger supply chain to ensure strategic value is being delivered
- Ensure products/services are sourced in a responsible and consistent manner while working with suppliers to improve their service delivery
- Deliver cost out and cost avoidance initiatives
- Maintain and achieve KPI's for the supply chain function with the aim to improve current and future performance
- Develop and implement best practices, inventory control and sustainability for the growth of the company
- Manage business compliance, ethics and auditing across critical aspects of the business
- Lean management of materials and inventory to ensure minimal working capital burden without delaying manufacture
- Breadth of operations, manufacturing, technical and strategic development experience
- Participation in new product development (NPD) design reviews to ensure that the supply chain capabilities and efficiencies are properly captured for all new products
- Strong commercial awareness, including P&L and balance sheet
- Strong understanding of Schlumberger service offering
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Proven mentoring experience
- Strong commitment to QHSE
- Client and service orientated
- Performance focused
- Ability to learn quickly and translate the learning into practical solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you and looking for an exciting career in a dynamic international company, rewarding career opportunities and an attractive compensation package, we encourage you to apply.
Application: Please apply via this advertisement and upload detailed resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and work experience.
Application is open from 10-June-2020 until 10-July-2020.
Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.