About the role:Blasting & Painting Manager responsible for the control & administration of all elements relating to the project execution for the Blasting and Painting Facility, ensuring that it is implemented according to design specifications, standards, Company Policy and Quality Management system.
- Lead the Commissioning Managers/Project Engineers daily operations & the implementation of safety, efficiency planning & continuous improvement strategy.
- Ensure all elements relating to the project (Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Commissioning, Budgets) are maintained and updated as per the project reporting criteria.
- Prepare and deliver reports/presentations for Capital Projects Manager as required.
- Mentor the Project Engineers providing leadership & guidance to resolve identified operational issues.
- Liaise with Government Bodies, EPC Contractors & OEM's as required maintaining professional and harmonious lines of communications.
- Evaluate technical & operational recommendations (Robotics) and manage the change according to guidelines & parameters set by Executive Management.
- Work closely with HSE to engineer out potential hazards, to provide a safe working environment, for all employees.
- Communicate and negotiate with a wide range of project stakeholders.
- Closely analyse & monitor the capital project expenditure in accordance with approved budget.
- Supervise documentation & certification requirements during project execution and ensure the process is in accordance with IMI Document Control Policy & Procedure.
- Utilize knowledge of asset management standards ISO 55000/1/2 and implement during project execution phase as necessary.
- A Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering
- Min 5-8 years' experience in project management role (Manager or Engineer) in shipbuilding, oil & gas or equivalent industry. Overall 15 years of industry experience.
- ability to manage large multi-disciplinary teams, across a broad range of technologies
- English Language, willingness to learn another language would be an advantage
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to the views of others and respond in a logical, well thought out manner without the need to resort to authority
Well-developed presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
Understanding of Asset Management/ERP systems, & ISO standards. Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.