About The Role:
International Maritime Indistries is looking for a Lead to manage the mechanical and/or HVAC discipline in the assigned project(s) , also to oversee a team of mechanical designers while carrying out design engineering and 3D modelling
- Review of pump and motor curves and ventilation calculations.
- Guidance and review of the equipment specification and datasheet.
- Preparation of Design basis, Project specific specifications for EPC projects and other projects involving Basic /
Detail engineering. Feasibility studies and Tender document preparation.
- Material engineering which includes preparation of Purchase specifications, Purchase requisitions, Technical
bid analysis, Vendor document / drawing evaluation after order.
- Construction engineering activities including MTOs, shop drawings and job package preparation and issue.
- Co-ordination with Internal Departments, Clients & Inspection Agencies.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures.
- Progress monitoring and adherence to scheduled completion of engineering documents.
- Attend project review meetings.
- Responsible for change management and trend notifications.
- Monitor budget compliance of design deliverable production.
- Ensure Compliance to HSES policies and procedures as applicable.
- Activity planning, work assignment, work scheduling and monitoring. Inter disciplinary checks & co-ordination.
- Ensure Compliance with all applicable information security policies & procedures
- 10 + years in engineering department of any offshore rig building or ship building industry
Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering
Competencies & Skills:
- Sound knowledge of International codes & standards, Maritime regulations and class rules
- Exposure to AutoCAD and 3D design tools like AVEVA
- Exposure to equipment sizing and calculations in jack up rigs or ships.
- Demonstrated high order interpersonal skills and the ability to operate within a multinational environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others with regard to continuous improvement.