Skills: Control Room Operations, FPSO / FPU , Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Production Control Room Operator
Ably Resources are currently looking to fill a number of positions on an FPSO operating offshore Angola. Production capacity of the unit is over 100,000 bblpd, and it is on a long-term charter, offering a secure position if you are to join this business. You will join this unit on a 28/28 rotation, and terms of the contract can be discussed once your application is received.
• Ensures that all activities under his responsibility are done in full compliance with the HSE requirements
• Acknowledge the involvement of its job role in the permit to work system and verifies the safety measures described in the permit to work for its job role involvement, including area preparation and restoration
• Identifies and control hazards to avoid damage to equipment, personnel and the environment
• Perform frequent safety and quality observations in the field and report findings
• Executes the Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning & Start-up activities according to the approved procedures
• Monitors and log the operating parameters of the plant through field and DCS
• Makes decision for stopping equipment based on experience and abnormal situations
• Report to and work with Production Supervisors
• Know and operate DCS, fire and gas systems, ESD systems from CCR
• Monitor the correct operations of all plant and equipment reducing and controlling plant upsets
• Maintain PW discharge quality within the current Company and /or local guidelines
• Assist in the commissioning of new plant and DCS configuration if required
• Work closely with DCS Technicians on all matters concerning DCS or PLCs
• Use DCS efficiently and react immediately in case of emergency
• Ensure that Company Standards are followed during Start-Up Phases if required
• Maintain historical trends of Production and Injection systems informing Production Supervisor when the system is unstable or malfunctioning
• At least three years experience in the position of Production CRO
• Experience of working with a unit where production capacity is over 100,000 bblpd
• Overseas experience, ideally from Angola, Brazil, or other West African countries
• Experience of working for major operators
Ably Resources is an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job! We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services.
Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge. We work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independent companies through to global blue chip organisations.
Our aim is to build and maintain long-term working relationships with our clients. Employers can trust us to offer tailor-made and cost-effective solutions to their recruitment problems, and jobseekers can trust us to deliver a discreet and dedicated service that will help them make the very best of their specialist skill-set.