Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The GBS procurement aspires to be a world-class, business centric organization, working to support delivery of bp business groups and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience. GBS Procurement is pivoting to be more aligned to the delivery of bp's transformation agenda and key business drivers.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Strategy Talent the Production Category Director will play a key part in shaping the future of the Production categories. The candidate will determine the supply strategies associated with the application of new and current Production based requirements to existing business problems or practices in line with the bp strategic agenda. The role holder will be part of the local KL procurement leadership team.
The post holder will lead the local have deep production market expertise, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Support delivery of bp business and functional strategies with efficiency, effectiveness and a great stakeholder experience
- Lead the development of Production category strategies enabling effective and efficient operational execution while ensuring a great stakeholder experience
- Develop and own strong working relationships with senior level leaders of the key organisations across the business groups
- Accountable for the overarching performance of Production Categories
- Understand the implications of developments in the marketplace and evaluate how they may present opportunities or threats
- Develop a more agile and innovative approach to supply market engagement to drive greater transformational impact
- Enable optimisation of requirements while promoting transformation as the business and market allows
- Promote the mindset shift required to transition from a traditional category focus towards an agile way of thinking, i.e. encouraging & appreciating value, speed and flexibility
- Build a sustainable core of high calibre, entrepreneurial, supply market experts with strong business acumen, digital fluency, innovation and relationship management skills across the team.
- Balance control & risk with driving value in line with Group priorities
- Developing impactful supply strategies during a period of transformational change across bp
- Align a diverse set of stakeholders' requirements
- Work within global, regional and joint venture models
Qualification, experience and competencies
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in procurement and category management positions required.
- Deep subject matter expertise in the Production types category supply market
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
- Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
- Engaging and collaborative way of working
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment
- Business Requirements Analysis- Use understanding of stakeholder strategy and category knowledge to develop a viable, long term view of business requirements.
- Product & Market Intelligence- Spots market trends early and makes accurate and relevant business insights. Identifies new market drivers and data to bring credibility and strength to new methods and value.
- Category Strategy- Acknowledged expert with deep knowledge of their category including thought leadership regarding the impact of innovation and technology. Mentors and coaches category managers / specialists / analysts / leads in the use of analytical tools
- Business Acumen- Demonstrates a strong market orientation and strategic perspective. Make business decisions that balance value as well as cost, maximising financial leverage where appropriate.
- Relationship Management- Maintains and forms alliances with recognized industry experts and authoritative decision makers