Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic
Other Skills: Journeyman Mechanic
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our client, an international Exploration and Production Operator, is currently seeking an Maintenance Mechanic Technician to join their team in Prudhoe Bay, AK. This is an immediate opening. Competitive pay and benefits package, and a matching 401K.
Under broad supervision is able to perform duties to maintain, troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of oilfield production and processing equipment in an Alaska Arctic oil production facility.
Essential Job Functions
- In word and deed, provide active and positive support for a "Zero Incident Culture".
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair oilfield production and processing equipment, including:
- Large volume multi-stage pumps
- Compressors (centrifugal and reciprocating)
- Gas turbines
- Associated auxiliary equipment
- Perform alignment procedures
- Work with FCO Team as maintenance witness for mechanical integrity
- Review start-up and operational spare parts lists
- Review and witness start-up testing
- Review lubrication matrix
- Obtain rotating equipment routine oil samples.
- Support in the ongoing continuous improvement of predictive/preventive maintenance program and work with third parties on the program
- Rig and move large loads
- Working knowledge of industrial equipment components (e.g. valves, flanges, tanks, vessels, exchangers, fin-fans, general fixed and mobile equipment).
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on piping systems and associated components.
- Troubleshooting and diagnose mechanical problems.
- Remove / Install oilfield components: valves, flanged piping spools, tubing, vessel internals, actuators, louvers, doors, etc.
- Knowledge of proper rigging components and safe lifting techniques.
- Maintain records and equipment logs.
- Consult with vendors on the design, installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Perform inspections as needed to comply with best practices and regulatory compliance.
- Perform wide variety of other duties requiring manual labor as requested or assigned.
- Preferred experience with maintaining equipment history in CMMS data bases.
- Preferred experience with routine maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Working knowledge of pump, reciprocating compressor and turbine experience
- Working knowledge of crane hand signals
- Knowledge of machine tools
- Knowledge of the principals of lubrication
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate adherence to established safety policies and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate support for the company's environmental management system
- Demonstrate ability to work with a team; communicate effectively with all Operations and Maintenance personnel and with respective alternate as needed.
- Mentor coworkers to obtain proficiency in critical areas of expertise.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licences, Registrations
- Valid Driver License.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Computer skills must include Microsoft applications, and familiarity with internet navigation.
- 2 years of experience as a mechanical or support technician in construction, military, or a preventive maintenance shop.
- Five (5) years' experience as a Journeyman Mechanic in oilfield-related maintenance preferred.
- Three (3) years' experience in installation, maintenance and repair of turbine, compressor, and multistage pumps, including use of precision tools (both English and Metric) required
- Petrochemical, oilfield or arctic experience preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; stand stationary and stand/move about.
- The employee must be able to talk and hear, both in person and by telephone.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to handle large items.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- The employee must frequently walk or climb stairs while carrying equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, fine discriminate detail, and depth perception.
Health Safety and Environment
All employees shall act responsibly and comply with all regulations and company HS&E policies. This includes reporting all spills, near misses, property damage and injuries. Personnel shall attend and participate in safety meetings and facility emergency drills. Personnel shall also ensure they are properly trained to complete each and every work task safely.
Work activities and tasks assigned to this position pose a potentially critical impact to the employee's health, safety and environment
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.