Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Our client is currently seeking a Project Engineer to work a 1 year contract in Edmonton, AB. This individual would be required to provide a drivers abstract and complete a Drug and Alcohol Test before an offer is made.
Reporting to the Supervisor Planning, this position is responsible for assisting the planning engineers & supervisor with activities associated with the screening, scheduling, estimating & sequencing of mainline and facilities digs. This includes the management of building facilities integrity construction packages based on sponsor input. The position may assist with other program related Planning activities, such as environmental remediation, and other earthwork related programs that are executed across Canada.
- Coordination of the screening, scheduling, estimating & sequencing of digs within the dig program (as assigned), this includes site screening and meeting and coordination with regional staff (10% travel)
- Monitors and provides regular updates on the plan for dig issuance, and coordinates logistic challenges with executing work with the sponsor;
- Complete cost estimates for mainline and facility digs, as well as work on updating the cost estimation model;
- Complete advanced cost estimates, plans, and schedules, for special digs (cut-outs, line lowering, river isolation, etc.,)
- Analyze and vet new initiatives ranging from the implementation of new technologies (ex: petrosleeves, metal core welding, new coatings, etc.,) to determine effectiveness of implementing them on the entire dig program and determine the impact on safety, cost, schedule and productivity.
- Actively participate and lead team / project meetings, compile meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
- Practice sound project management and technical analysis in accordance with company expectations
- Assists in evaluations of the dig program portfolio and plan, to optimize cost and receive sponsor input on the merits of the inspection / construction scope.
- Assists in the ongoing support of evaluating contractor performance and in supporting any efforts to improve cost competitiveness including analyzing the impact on the entire dig program;
- Responsible for creating process & procedures within assigned portfolio to maintain or improve consistency.
- Supports an effective transition from the planning phase to the execution phase.
- Supports updates to the various scope tracking systems
- Strict adherence to the APEGGA Code of Ethics
- Responsible to assist with any design work, technical analysis, selection or recommendation of NDE approaches to the sponsor to maximize gathering NDE information while minimizing construction cost
- Assists with providing governance on dig selection, extensions, and scheduling through business case justification (based on capital cost or dig cost assessment), screening, and prioritization
- Provide regular formal and informal reporting to Supervisor
- Assist department in value enhancing initiatives.
- Assist in transition of dig packages from planning to execution with minor oversight;
- Coordinating /collaboration of internal and external stakeholders with minor oversight;
- Assists in screening and planning a yearly dig program.
- Completion of a Degree in Engineering
- Currently registered with a Professional Engineering Association
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively complex detailed design and/or project management experience, depending on technical education, accreditations and competency development
- Demonstrated technical competence in at least one of the engineering disciplines, with the ability to overview and/or practice in other disciplines. Preference to civil or mechanical engineering backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to legally travel and work throughout Canada.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.