Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
This posting is intended to collect candidate information for Halliburton's talent pool, and is not considered an application. By completing the candidate profile, recruiters will have visibility to your information in order to contact you for a future related job opportunity. In addition to providing your information on this posting, we encourage you to create a Job Alert within our career site. The Job Alert allows you to select search criteria for positions that match your interest(s). Once positions are posted that match your search criteria, you will receive an email notification.
Under general supervision, assists in designing, coding, testing, trouble-shooting and documenting engineering systems applications. Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity. The developer will be expected to have experience of common tools and processes used to design, code, test, trouble-shoot, document engineering systems applications. Assists in developing test strategies used in the automated regression testing of these systems. Follows secure coding practices, performs triaging of security issues, and implements fixes to deliver secure applications. Familiar with common software vulnerabilities and leading practices to mitigate. Should have the ability to research open source technologies for use in building systems and participate in open source communities as needed. Develops tasks/assignments and schedules for project work. Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 2 + years of related experience.
- Perform research and development tasks.
- Expected to design, code, test, do trouble-shooting and document engineering systems applications by following the software development lifecycle.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. Master's preferred
- Skilled in project design and execution, interpretation of experimental results, and numerical analysis of data
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design and principles
- Problem Solving skills
- Works well within a team
- Excellent communication skills
Desired/Preferred Technology Expertise:
- Java, REST/HTTP /JSON ?
- Wild fly, JBOSS development and JBPM experience a must (BPM 6.1 or higher). ?
- Experience in JBPM Process Design, end to end workflow implementation and versioning ?
- Solid knowledge in JBPM APIs Knowledge Base, Human-Task Service, Asynchronous Tasks, Event Listeners. ?
- Knowledge in building rules with Drools rules engine. ?
- Web Development Experience ?
- Experience using KAFKA messaging queue
- Web back-end technologies: NodeJS, RESTful APIs using Micro services architecture, Express, JSON, OData, Web Sockets, and Java EE.
- Build & CI/CD: MAVEN, Jenkins & Ansible, Containerization.
- Database background: NOSQL and RDBMS (MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
- Knowledge in cloud technologies (Azure and Amazon)
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Opportunities may exist in multiple locations.
Additional Locations for this position:
Requisition Number: 87380
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
PSL: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.