Skills: Geologist, Geoscientist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Duration: 12 month renewable
Start date: ASAP
An internationally recognizable oil field service company with a long-standing relationship and work load with a number of operators in the Middle East.
Scope of work:
Review the development plan to reach the required target. Identify the potential risks, uncertainties that constrain the execution of this plan and recommend the proper solutions to de-bottleneck the constraints. Optimize the well locations according to the existing prospects and drilling capacities. Provide technical support to improve well design, optimize well trajectory and drilling operations.
• Provide support to release wells and preparing well trajectory considering surface & subsurface data for slant and horizontal wells,
• Evaluating offset data before the start of drilling,
• Analyzing, evaluating and describing formations while drilling, using cutting describing, gas shows & open hole log data,
• Comparing data gathered during drilling with well prognosis,
• Advising on drilling hazards and drill bit optimization,
• Taking full responsibility for making decisions about suspending or continuing drilling,
• Communicating regularly and if required advising drilling operation services,
• Verify mud log data, open hole log data and monitoring quality control in relation to these services,
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on MWD & LWD tools for Geosteering.
• 10 + years of experience, preferably with IOC,
• Strong ops geology experience, well planning, execution, reporting,
• Petrel skills to provide model output to support operations,
• Middle East carbonate experience,
• Geosteering experience,
• Basic Knowledge of Petrophysics,
• Geological database and archival skills,
• Experience working on sandstone carbonates,
• Experience working on vertical and horizontal wells,
• Experience working with multi laterals,
• Must of gained experience in well location optimization,
• Experience working for both operator and service company.
Click the link provided to apply for the above position.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!