Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
We are seeking a laboratory chemist with expertise in analytical techniques to solve chemical problems. The ideal candidate would have a PhD. level education with emphasis on vibrational spectroscopy.
- Develop and implement analytical methods for the support of Albemarle's functions such as R&D, manufacturing, customer services.
- Perform material characterization using vibrational spectroscopy methods, such as FTIR, RAMAN, NIR.
- Collaborate closely with the analytical team as much as other teams within Albemarle.
- Coordinate instrumentation installation, and maintenance.
- Plan and execute designs of experiments (DoEs).
- Maintain excellence in safety, health and environment practices.
Education and Experience Requirements
- PhD. in Chemistry or related degree; experience in vibrational spectroscopy is a MUST.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to balance individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly organized and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in challenges of industrial analytical chemistry for a wide variety of products.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.