Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $55 per hour
Location: Ottawa, Illinois, United States
NES Global Talent is pleased to announce that our Chicago office has a great local job opportunity with a global chemical manufacturer out of their facility in Ottawa, IL for a Reliability Engineer. This individual would be employed on a contract basis and be working in conjunction with maintenance and engineering teams in a plastics resin manufacturing facility to provide both troubleshooting and process improvement recommendations to preexisting manufacturing equipment.
Location: Ottawa, IL.
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Pay Range: $55/hr.
Duration: Contract will last 5-6 months with a targeted start date of 6/22/2020 and anticipated end date in late November.
- Work with maintenance professionals and process equipment to improve reliability.
- Provide technical support in areas of expertise to troubleshoot and identify root causes of failures and determine best strategy to improve reliability.
- Train maintenance and engineering team members to improve their skills in trouble-shooting, root cause analysis, and development of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Function as the point person to address technical issues in several classes of equipment as the subject-matter-expert.
- Develop and optimize equipment strategies and lead efforts to eliminate performance killers.
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience as a reliability or mechanical engineer.
- Must have API inspection knowledge specifically as it pertains to tanks, vessels, and piping.
- Must have experience utilizing SAP.
- Must have a BS degree in engineering (preferably mechanical engineering).
- Previous experience in a training capacity would be a big plus.
- Previous experience in the chemical sector would be a big plus.
- Candidates local to the Ottawa, IL region are highly preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.