Skills: Rig Manager, Drilling Engineering, Production Operator
Other Skills: • Drilling engineering skills to allow for effective coordination and interface with internal team and external contractors, and partners.
Experience: 18 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE This position will provide drilling operations support to drilling, completion and work-over projects in shallow and deep offshore.
Reports to the Drilling Superintendent
• Minimum of 18 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 5 years as Senior Drilling Engineer with relevant experience in operations coordination.
• Extensive experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
• Recent offshore experience (preferably Jack-up and/or deep-water rig) is required
• Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
• Experience using leading well engineering software is important
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Petroleum engineering (Other Engineering Disciplines may be considered e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
• Well control certification
• Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Operations Management of exploratory, appraisal, development and workover wells in offshore environment
• Execution of detailed drilling and work-over programs and procedures
• Real time monitoring and capture of learning curves for continuous improvement,
• Develop Risk register with mitigation plans and contingency planning.
• Ensure that Company's HSE policies are strictly adhered to and followed.
• Extend training and technical support to direct reports
• Perform Contractors management, function including checking and approving of invoices (technically)
• Co-ordinate, review and quality check DDRs and DCEs (Cost),
• Maintain data base and actively participate on the day to day operations and ensure that operations are carried out on the rigs as per the program and as required.
• Execution and management of logistics operations for improving the service delivery to field operations.
• Ensure efficient and effective logistics support for the operations.
• Liaises closely with the rig team, the Office Logistics and Shore Base Logistics Coordinators
• Ensures materials, equipment and services needed for the operation are sourced and shipped to the rig in a timely manner to avoid operations delays waiting on such items
• Manages cost and overall performance through use of shipment consolidation opportunities, process improvements reviews and root cause analysis of deviations with corrective actions.
• Identifies and works on total cost reduction initiatives