Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client , a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant for a 1 year contract in Calgary, AB.
Our client is currently seeking a highly professional Sr Administrative Assistant who demonstrates strong business judgment in all aspects of communication, has superior organizational skills and enjoys working in a busy environment with changing priorities. This position will provide direct professional administrative support at the VP level. This high-paced position will assist with a variety of duties related to planning, developing and coordinating activities.
- Liaising with all levels of management including the C-Suite to proactively deal with changing priorities and inquiries.
- Managing the VP's e-mail and calendar as well as receiving and screening telephone calls, mail and visitors.
- Scheduling and coordinating regular meetings with the C-Suite.
- Liaising with directors, managers and departmental staff to request, gather and summarize information.
- Arranging and coordinating supplier visits.
- Supporting Office Safety program.
- Developing presentation materials to assist in effective reporting for the senior management and executive management teams.
- Maintaining accurate tracking and recording of document approvals.
- Independently handling general office administration tasks such as coordinating travel arrangements, completing and managing service requests, time entries, maintaining SharePoint data and filing.
- Organizing meetings and townhalls (internal and offsite) including: setting up Lync and video conferencing equipment; coordinating weekly staff meetings; setting up and facilitating bi-weekly leadership meetings; preparing agenda and logging action items.
- Preparing general correspondence, reports and completing specific research.
- Attending administrative round-tables
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date administrative handbook.
- Senior progressive administrative/secretarial experience preferably in the petroleum industry.
Education & Professional Designations
- High school diploma, secretarial diploma, or equivalent training and business experience.
- Office job which includes sitting, computer work, and standing.
- Safety Sensitive: No
- Strong organization skills with the ability to set priorities, follow-up and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external contacts and employees at all levels of the company including senior executives.
- Excellent proof reading and business writing skills.
- Displaying tact and good judgment in resolving problems and answering inquiries.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, varied and diverse environment with changing priorities.
- A high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Concur and HDMS is required; SAP would be an asset.
- Work collaboratively with the administrative group within Procurement and across SE&P.
- Technical Professional Skills
- Drives for Results
- Forward Thinking
- Change Agility
- Develops Potential
- Communicates Effectively
- Works Collaboratively
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.