Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sunbury-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom
bp are looking for an Information Security Engineering Lead to join us in our Sunbury offices on a permanent basis, working within our Security Data Services team.
The team's mission is to empower its customers to understand and improve the security posture of bp by providing a consolidated, easy to use, data platform for reporting and analytics.
As the Engineering Lead, you will ensure adherence to policies, standards and best practices and provide technical expertise to internal and external stakeholders. Using advanced technical capabilities to lead changes to security processes and procedures, you will review complex security issues and lead security solutions from identification to implementation. Furthermore, you will be responsible for delivering information security and risk activities for Information Security Engineering.
This position will be working Monday-Friday with flexible working considered which can be discussed further throughout the application process.
- Develop a strong working rapport with other team members to drive innovative initiatives
- Liaise with various teams and senior stakeholders across bp, to advise on information security and risks.
- Manage third party service providers that are helping to deliver related projects as required
- Build Azure Data Factory ingestion pipelines and ETL jobs to consume data feeds from security source systems (e.g. Nanologs, Azure feeds, O365, AD etc.)
- Use Azure Databricks or Azure Data Explorer to convert and stage feeds for use in production
- Designing and implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) solution using bp standards for the squad
- Creation and managing of data pipelines, transformation and storage
- Build monitoring and alerting mechanisms for data pipelines and transformation
- Develop data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Build flexible data APIs that support the ingestion or the consumption needs of the data lake and its customers
- Lead conversations around how we can derive more value out of our data and enable operational excellence
- Managing infrastructure for Big Data and data pipelines
- Debug issues as they arise
- Tertiary level education and/or equivalent relevant work experience is required
- Extensive experience of developing using the Azure and AWS analytics components including Azure / AWS Data Lake, Power BI, Data Factory, HDInsight, SQL DB/DW and SSIS.
- Extensive experience in ETL Tooling in Azure and AWS cloud environments
- Fully conversant with Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts as applied to data driven analytics projects. Including CI/CD Coding, security testing best practice and standards.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating analytics solutions using Azure and AWS cloud technologies
- Data Management experience e.g. data profiling, large volume data handling
- Experience in automated data driven testing
- Scripting Languages: Python, C#, Java, PowerShell (at least one of them)
- DB Programming: Relational Databases (SQL), nonrelational (NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- External accreditation recognized by the Information Security Profession (e.g. CISM, GICSP, CISSP, M.Inst.ISP).
- Knowledge of security datasets including; Anti-Virus, Web Filtering, IDS, Authentication, VPN, Firewall and other common security logs
- Accreditation in industrial control systems
- Exposure to Machine Learning capabilities within Azure and AWS.