Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Chevron Business Support Center located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position of Procurement Contract Advisor. Successful candidates will join the Procurement Shared Services Center, which is part of a successful multifunction service center with a workforce of more than 500 employees that delivers business services and solutions across the globe since 2006.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Support development and implementation of IT and Professional Services Contracts, International Master Agreements and Upstream Agreements.
- Follow up of service orders including drafting, negotiation and execution.
- Following Corporate contracting policies and procedures.
- Support advancement of the procurement function through development, improvement and implementation of procurement practices.
- At least 3 years' experience in contracting.
- BS degree in Law, Business Administration, International Trade/ technical related field.
- Experience in creating new contracts, renewing existing contracts and negotiating contracts withnew and existing suppliers.
- Fluency on completing appropriate technical and commercial analysis to procure a variety of services at the best overall conditions.
- Ability to support multiple contracting requests for various operating companies across Chevron.
- Experienced and familiar in negotiating and preparing contracts/service orders
- Understanding of business drivers and ability to develop work and execution plans to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize all the tools and processes to evaluate multiple options for solutions.
- Application of critical thinking & guidance to complex contracts and ability to demonstrate practical application of contracting principles
- Collaboration with business stakeholders and category management to manage a portfolio of contracts and unplanned contract work
- Knowledge of contracting principals, processes, standard contract forms, bidding and drafting.
- Management of the start to process of gathering and validating required information from business representative, suppliers and procurement peers required for contracts and service orders.
- In-depth knowledge application of contracting terminology and terms and conditions for various contracting requests.
- Interface with Professionals, Project Managers, Business Representatives, Category Managers and other Stakeholders regarding contracting SOW's purchasing and overall contracting opportunities
Supply Chain Management Degree or Certification
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.