Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Core Group Resources (www.coregroupresources.com) is the Americas leading maritime & offshore recruitment company. Founded by a licensed mariner who has offshore experience, Core Group Resources expertise is unmatched in the marine offshore market for executive search, staffing, and expertise identification. For more information contact us 281 347 4700. We are currently in the market for the following:
SAP Business Intelligence Lead
This lead demonstrates senior-level leadership skills and experience in guiding the team to build a self-sustainable BI platform. The tech lead creates best practices, defines and governs BI/BW architecture standards, leads and supports development efforts, manages BI demand, coordinates resource capacity, prioritizes and leads the scoping effort. The person in this position mentors' others in maintainable development practices and code reviews and ensures correct capitalization / expense activities of the project team and provides business insight across multiple domains. They demonstrate an ability to be a consultant minded technologist, drive change, manage complex, high-quantity and potentially contradictory information to effectively solve problems, apply knowledge of the business to advance organizational goals, and intuitively navigate complex policy, people and process-related organizational dynamics.
- Accountable for major BI transformation from any db to BW/4HANA platform.
- Leads the architecture and detailed design and implements the deployment plan
- Expert knowledge in Data Architecture, Modeling, integration, governance and BI/Analytics capabilities with the BW/4HANA.
- Strong experience in HANA studio and create views - Calculation, Analytical and Attribute views
- Responsible for performance tuning of BW on HANA systems utilizing best practices
- Has experience with at least 2 end to end implementation projects as SAP BI lead.
- Defines, validates and executes SAP BI/BW Strategy by leveraging SAP BW, BusinessObjects, Analytics Cloud and HANA capabilities.
- Provides leadership in solution architecture, provides ongoing implementation oversight and hands on support as needed for new development projects in support of our SAP BI/BW program.
- Coordinates and supports delivery of minor/monthly and major SAP BI/BW enhancement release cycles
- Facilitates release scoping, design, build, test, change control, documentation and deployment activities with internal SAP BI/BW project and operations teams, business stakeholders, shared services and compliance teams
- Manages business user communication regarding release scope and deployment timelines
- Ensures appropriate risk resolution and mitigation for SAP BI/BW platforms as issues are identified
- Ensures no disruption to business operations upon deployment of SAP BI/BW releases to production systems
- Must have deep technical expertise in multiple SAP BI suite of products, especially BW, BOBJ, SAC.
- Coaches and mentors both technical and business staff on information solutions
- Finds and implements strategic & innovative solutions.
- Actively researches and develops new knowledge and collaborates on solutions
- Deploys new approaches to domain optimizations and anticipates domain requirements and business needs
- Has leadership understanding and influence with business customers
- Develops, designs and implements integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues
- Solicits ideas from others; recognizes contributions of others
- Identifies measures and milestones for recognizing and communicating success
- Excellent ability to multi-task assigned duties or projects
- Effectively communicates complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Highly organized; able to organize and assimilate large quantities of complex information
- Works under minimal supervision
- Bachelors' degree from a four-year college or university
- At least 10 years of hands on experience in SAP BI/BW platform; or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of BI tools for data analytics, visualizations, reporting etc
- Advanced knowledge of Data Modeling. Ability to assimilate requirements into conceptual/logical data models across information management solutions (relational, Dimensional/Columnar, document)
- Advanced knowledge and extensive experience in Data integration (Point to Point, ETL etc)
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and standards for BI development
- Full SAP BI lifecycle Experience (Data Modeling to Reporting)
- SAP (SDI, SDA,BODS, SLT, SAP DataServices, Dynamic Data Tiering, ILM, Data Hub, BW/4Hana) -- preferred
- BI Platform (BOBJ, SAP Analytics cloud, Microstrategy, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Data Virtualization (Denodo, Atscale, Tibco)
- Data Integration (Dell Boomi, DataStage)
- DataBase (Sql Server, Postgres, DB2, Hana)
- SQL (Ansi, PLSQL, Analytics)
- Data Modeling (Erwin, BW)
- Cloud Experience with PaaS, DBaaS
- Team Performance management Tools (TFS, JIRA)
- Manages complexity in order to effectively find solutions and solves problems
- Drives results by consistently achieving completion and closure of tasks, even the face of obstacles and setbacks
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- A problem solving attitude that can adapt to varying timelines
- A strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics
- Manages the team effectively and enacts situational leadership
- Strong capability to plan and align work with regards to sense of urgency and priority
- Strong capability to provide Business Insight
- Strong ability to influence organization stakeholders
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Certifications specific to SAP BI/BW are a strong advantage.
If you are in the market to hire for your company, please contact a consultant at Core Group Resources for a free job order consultation. 281-347-4700 www.coregroupresources.com