Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Sr. SAP Architect is a hands-on role that both contributes to and coordinates the daily operations of a SAP focused group through leadership and direction, as measured by the role's KPI's. This position leads the technical design, development, and delivery of a new SAP S4/Hana implementation. Following the initial foundation phase, the project will continue with several phases continuing to drive improvements across the enterprise.
This Architect serves as the technical SAP expert on a dedicated mixed team of business and technical experts from other areas of the business. The person in this position is required to work with FICO, Material Management, Variant Configuration, Sales and Distribution and Order to Cash. This SAP Architect works on an implementation which is highly focused on the Vehicle Management System and Supply Chain Management.
The person in this position has oversight and acceptance responsibilities for the design and implementation decisions of the System Integration partners and the project team and proactively works with both technical and business teams to resolve and reduce identified gaps and changes.
- Accountable for architecture and design documentation and review of SAP blueprint.
- Responsible for identifying and removing/addressing process & system exceptions.
- Oversees technical direction across multiple projects required to implement ERP.
- Responsible for maintaining the EA repository for assigned projects/assets/initiatives.
- Responsible for identifying and prototyping new technologies and solutions to assist the overall IT team.
- Supports development team needs to define and document solution architecture as part of a new initiative or enhancement.
- Provides technical mentorship to development teams by providing platforms/technologies/solutions expertise.
- Proactively informs/interfaces with the Product Owner, Application Development team, and Architecture team to identify solutions and opportunities.
- Delivers business value using creative and effective approaches.
- Presents complex ideas in a clear and concise manner in single or group environments through various formats to mentor the IT team.
Other duties may be assigned
- SAP System configuration
- Light SAP administrative duties
- Change management contributions
Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, MIS or other business discipline from a four-year college or university. 10+ years of experience in SAP solutions architecture required; or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience architecting solutions with SAP
- Experience in delivering technical enterprise solutions to business initiatives
- Experience producing enterprise guidelines and standards
- The ideal candidate will have experience with the SAP Vehicle Management System module and experience with Supply Chain Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Demonstrated competencies in SAP is required through certifications for business or technical specializations. Areas of certification interest include:
- Certified Application Associate in DP/SNP or PP/DS
- Certified Development Specialist in ABAP
- Certified Technology Associate