Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Supervisor's role will lead and direct the Planning, Reporting, and Analysis team for US Drilling operations. In conjunction with Senior Management, the position will have authority over the planning process and positioning the organization for strategic success. The scope of the position will include and be broken down into these functional areas: Planning - Forecasting/Budgeting, Decision Support/Analysis/Reporting, Administration and ad hoc projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage quarterly forecast and annual budget processes (P&L and capital)
Lead budget preparation and presentation development
Strategically review forecasts to ensure full coverage of opportunities and identification of risks
Provide monthly financial flash updates
Develop, implement and maintain enhanced reporting with utmost attention to timeliness, quality and usefulness of information for Sr. Management decision-making - both day to day and strategic in nature
Provide proactive management information for review and decision support
Proactively review financial results and trends in order to identify opportunities for optimizing financial performance
Participate in review/analysis of commercial opportunities
Coordinate and prepare presentation packages and support for monthly, quarterly and annual meetings for Sr. Management, including variance analysis
Lead and manage team in developing technical skills and competencies by effectively advocating, implementing, and supporting changes in the Planning and Analysis processes and initiatives
Lead projects as needed to extend Nabors' financial and administrative systems - ensuring proper change management in order to secure subsequent efficiencies
Liaise as needed with all department heads to ensure understanding of business developments (financial, IT, payroll, HR, supply chain, etc.)
Preparation of accounting and analytical reports as required
Overtime will be necessary during monthly closing, forecasting and for special projects (budget, year-end reporting, etc.)
Assist with/coordinate special projects as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis in a complex corporate environment.
- Ability to effectively manage/execute the organizations' planning & analysis processes along with the ability to lead, direct, motivate and develop a team of skilled finance professionals.
- Extensive analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and resources.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Exhibit the confidence to interact with all levels of the organization, including both internal and external clients/partners.
- Capability of working in a dynamic, fast paced work environment.
- Broad experience in reporting financial status to Sr. management monthly and quarterly - by developing budgets, preparing projections/forecast, reporting actual results, analyzing variances and developing improvements plans.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Creativity unique and challenging business problems, with the ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Note, the physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is required frequently to use hands and digits to handle or feel work material and type. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk short distances, sometimes over uneven terrain.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs