Baker Hughes is looking for a Staff Enterprise Architect to join the team in Pune, India. This position will work on multiple projects as a project leader or internal consultant. Works on projects for components of the domain. Works either multiple technical or functional domainsEssential Responsibilities:
- Design and implement complex solution designs to support small to extremely large globally distributed business critical solutions, for mostly enterprise internal applications, however, will also include commercial products.
- Coordinates all the hardware and software infrastructure teams through design / provisioning / deployment, as well as guide product teams through the project, risk/compliance, and architecture governance models.
- Embrace various agile approaches to product delivery, always searching for opportunities to create automation that increases quality and product delivery velocity.
- Provide solution architecture in support of application migrations to the various cloud environments, business divestitures, acquisitions, roof-top / data-center consolidations, as well as upgrades to enterprise and commercial products.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Architects to constantly refresh the enterprise architecture to define new business and technical capabilities, creating roadmaps and implementation plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 8 years of professional experience.
Experience with public clouds providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM, preferably AWS. Architect certification from any cloud vendor above or open group is highly desirable.
- Well rounded broad IT experience to effectively ideate, design and build solution architectures.
- Familiarity with typical enterprise IT processes based on ITIL
- Excellent verbal and written communications is MUST as you will be working with teams across the world.
- We look for T experience - top horizontal bar indicating breadth of knowledge & experience, vertical bar indicating deep expertise or experience in one of the areas mentioned below.
- Has a solid understanding of how to design highly available infrastructure environments, for both single and multi-regional deployments across a WAN, in both on-premises and public cloud virtualize environments.
- Has experience nonfunctional architecture requirements like HA, DR, Performance, Capacity, Security.
- Can lead multiple large product/project engagements in parallel, collaborating with other solution architects to provide seamless leadership across all active engagements.
- Comfortable leading the discovery typically required for migrations and data center consolidations for long-lived solutions, understanding how to manage the large number of integrations/dependencies that may have materialized over the life of the solution.
- Technical depth in one of the areas - Infra Architecture, Application & Integration Architecture, High Performance Compute Architecture, Containers
Significant Expertise in one of the following
- Infrastructure Architecture: Data Centers, Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Virtualization including compute, network, and storage. Architect with previous operational (SysOps) experience is preferred
- Mobile Architecture (Android, iOS, App Ecosystems, 3rd party service integration (e.g. Notification, Payment), Hands on experience with App Development, App Lifecycle, Mobile App Security
- Application Architecture (Containers & Docker specialization): Strong application architecture experience with either J2EE or .Net or Open Source stacks, Hands on experience with App Containerization, Docker, Container Management, Managing docker based workloads across cloud & on-premise environments
- Desired Characteristics
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Pune, India, Remote working
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.