Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Plainville, Connecticut, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
At Lutech Resources, we thrive by making you successful.
On any given day, more than 3,000 individuals go to work at Lutech Resources jobs. When you partner with us, you're joining a team that:
- Appreciates your distinctive talents, skills, and perspective
- Provides forthright feedback and career guidance
- Connects you with prized and coveted employers
- Strives to help you achieve your career objectives
- Presents first-rate careers with global corporations
Position: Mechanical Engineer - Creo
Type: Contract - Full time
Pay: Based on experience
Location: Plainville, CT
- Manager is looking for candidates that have Creo 4 or greater experience with Sheet metal Design
- Windchill PLM Experience
- Strong Conceptual design background
- Must have 3D modeling experience
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Develop, design, prototype build, and design verification of low voltage Electrical Distribution Equipment through new product development or product modification activities.
- Develop mechanical components, systems and/or technologies for low voltage busway and identify opportunities to improve existing products.
- Ensure appropriate documentation (layout/ 3D design assembly/2D drawings / Bills of Material).
- Ensure expected results in terms of quality, execution time, and cost.
- Use design tools (like 2D / 3D, spreadsheets, and other in-house product development tools and processes.
- Develop new products or improvements / modifications to existing products, including product concept, design documentation, as well as testing of the design in the laboratory.
- On assigned design tasks, meet schedule and cost requirements.
- Create definitions of parts, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D drawings, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and other data to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, and inspection needs.
- Create CAD models in a linked model environment using Creo, as well as check, validate, and issue Creo associated drawings.
- Work as part of a cross functional team including manufacturing, sourcing, global engineering, and systems engineering in developing and on-going support of state of the art for Electrical Distribution Equipment
- Manage resolution of technical issues including root cause analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Prior 2 years' experience as design engineer
- CAD experience with Creo or other 3D CAD software.
- Change management experience (Windchill or other)
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules in product design.
- Working knowledge with MS Office
- Excellent analytical skills, positive attitude, and ability to work within a project team environment.
- Expertise evaluating and resolving thermal, short circuit, arcing fault, structural/seismic design issues in Switchgear/Busway product lines.
- Familiar with agency requirements for IEC, NEMA, UL, and the process by which products are certified.
- Working knowledge of NPI (New Product Introduction), Change Management), Design for Six-Sigma, and Design for Reliability processes.
- Experience and practice in using LEAN practices and tools.
- Ability to identify, quantify, and resolve technical problems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project schedules
- Ability to design, develop, analyze and document product designs which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and safety requirements of the customer or market
- Strong team builder and team player with the demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, global, environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, drive, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Empowering Business. People Focused
Lutech Resources has over 25 years’ experience providing tailor made recruitment and integrated resource management to leading Engineering, Energy and Manufacturing sector companies worldwide. We set ourselves apart from others in the industry by building long term relationships with both our clients and candidates based on a mutual understanding of their targeted industry and a passion for excellence. With every engagement, our goal is to quickly place qualified talent with the best suited employer. We have a genuine understanding of candidates and clients’ needs. Along with a dynamic and effective service, we strive for positive outcomes for everyone, every time.