Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chatham-Kent, Ontario, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking Drafter for a contract role in Chatham, ON. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
• Accountable for design and drafting requirements using CAD software to create Pipeline & Station project drawings (mechanical, route selection maps, details, electrical, civil), composites, etc.) through principles & practices to create, edit and maintain safe, compliant, cost effective and efficient designs.
• Accountable for coordination and oversight of third-party design consultants with respect to pipeline and major station designs to ensure that the designs follow the standards and specifications.
• Accountable to research and assemble all pertinent and relevant information (design criteria, parameters, material requisitions, documents, Bill of Materials, etc.) to be used for engineering designs. The responsibility extends to the coordination and prioritization of tasks and work across multiple client groups, internal and external to the company.
• Responsible to support corporate manuals (Station, Isometric, C&M, Portal, etc.) and programs by preparing, creating and editing technical drawings & details.
• College diploma or university degree in a technical/engineering program, with a preference for the Mechanical, Architecture or Civil disciplines.
• Minimum 5 years advanced technical experience applying engineering principles to designs and drawings.
• Excellent technical design and drafting skills using CAD software.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret engineering drawings and technical documents.
• Solid written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently in a team setting, with minimal supervision.
NICE TO HAVE'S:
• OACETT - A.Sc.T., C.Tech. or C.E.T.
• Experience with Bentley Products (PlantSpace, OpenPlant, MicroStation, ProjectWise), and/or AutoCAD products (AutoPlant).
• 2 years work experience designing & drafting natural gas or related facilities.
• Solid understanding of industrial measuring devices (i.e., mechanical, pressure, temperature, flow, electrical, level).
• Occasional OT may be required.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.