Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports a global Application Engineering organization in the pursuit of new business.
- Provides technical expertise and develops technical solutions (configuration, performance estimation, economics, etc.) as part of the pre-ITO (requisition) process while interfacing with the commercial team. Possesses a deep understanding of technology, product knowledge, relevant markets and customer economic value that aid winning bid strategies. To include 'ITO': Technical analysis of client need: definition and optimization of the products; scope (description); schedule; industrial scheme; cost, considering contract and internal policies and procedures. Calculation of plant, system and equipment performance and efficiency. Documentation of technical specifications & costing elements for further contract execution phases. This also includes OTR part where engineers work on customizing the products and implementing it for specific customer needs
- Executes FEED Studies to determine the feasibility of field developments
- Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods
- Supports sales project, including participation in client facing activities. Develops technical solutions which fit the needs of the client while emphasizing proven technologies and existing solutions.
- Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level supporting client meetings and or discussions. Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Delivers products as part of a team. Works on cross functional teams. Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering/Technology). Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Customer Application Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 5 years working experience in technical sales in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.