Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of Baker Hughes
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Aero-derivative Gas Turbines, Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- To prepare field services jobs and interventions with the Service Managers.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and TPS headquarters concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings.
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within Baker Hughes safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Health, Safety & Environment HSE guidelines and procedures. The candidate will be responsible to keep reliability of Customers assets and to support on proactive way all Baker Hughes TPS customers.
- University degree in mechanical/electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of hands-on experience on GE Aero derivative machines & their control systems.
- Good knowledge of GE FR5, FR6 & FR7 Heavy Duty Gas Turbines and BCL, MCL & AN200 Compressors units.
- Good command of oral and written English
- A depth of relevant experience with installation and maintenance programs for GE Aero-derivative Gas Turbines sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction
- Health, Safety & Environment mindset and compliance.
- Oil and gas industry and field service experience strongly preferred.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.