Skills: Chemist, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
To assist Lab Supervisor to maintain and continuously improve in Quality Control and Lab HSSE operation of Taicang plant. To follow up plant formulations, QC specification according to Regional Technical Team's instruction and guidance. To assist senior chemist for the flushing oil disposal, minimize the flushing oil stock level in the production side, to provide professional support to each department to analyze the root cause of Quality incident. To assist senior chemist to act as plant tag for China streamline, fusion and plant formulations and product integrity. To assist QA to resolve customer complaints. Network with the production team to ensure high quality products continuously.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role
- Assist Lab Supervisor to maintain and continuously improve in Quality Control and Lab HSSE operation of Taicang plant.
- Participate in laboratory blending for new formulation and changing of existing formulation and the investigation of nonconforming production to assist the production team to continuously produce high quality products.
- Manage shift team to execute daily QC laboratory working timely and ensure all shift activities fully compliance with plant quality policy.
- Organize routine testing to ensure that all production samples detection in timely manner and all incoming raw materials and finished products meet group quality standards.
- Ensure all products' COA be made accurately and delivered timely after tests completed.
- Assist senior chemist to run SQC program to ensure the stability of the instrument and the accuracy of the test data.
- Control nonconforming production samples to make sure corrective action to be taken.
- Arrange and review test records to ensure traceability of test data. Develop proper documents (SOP/WI/Records) for QC laboratory daily working to assure all documents on the control and be updated timely.
- Assist to maintain and update SDS for all RMs, finished products and chemicals of Taicang plant. To ensure all SDS in place and distribute to relative department or personnel.
- Ensure that all lab staffs' daily work is consistent with BP's HSSE polices and regulations during any operation at all the times.
Experience & Expertise (mandatory & desired)
- College degree in Chemical or related field.
- More than 1 year of laboratory experience is essential.
- Be familiar with GB standards and test methods of lubricants.
- Experience in calibration/maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Be familiar with blending processes, lubricant component.
- Be familiar with ISO9001&IATF16949 standards, and QC tools.
- Good communication skills with the ability to liaise directly with internal and external parties.
- Good English skills.