The IWS Senior Well Engineer will take the ownership of delivering well design, technical requirements and operational plans to accomplish both Baker Hughes and customer's technical and financial goals. The well engineer drives close engagement with service delivery, HSE, finance, commercial and sales, and other Baker Hughes product lines. Essential Responsibilities
- Ensure all engineering activities are in line with HSE policies and procedures, and drive HSE culture by setting example through safe work practices.
- Conduct business according to Baker Hughes Culture Pillars
- Participate in tender bid preparation process for well engineering input.
- Deliver customer presentations & lead meetings (may include travel to other locations).
- Preparation of well design, well plan and operational procedures for construction, completion, intervention and/or abandonment of wells in area of responsibility.
- Define technical rig requirements.
- Define technical services and third party requirements.
- Prepare operational time and well cost estimates.
- In collaboration with internal and external parties, prepare risk register and contingency plans.
- Prepare, participate and lead peer reviews, peer assists and other quality assurance activities related to the project.
- Monitor daily progress of job(s) or project(s) and monitor operations expenditure
- Provide engineering recommendations and advice to the project team.
- Evaluate and implement best practices and technological advancements to IWS operations.
- Communicate effectively with well site/project stakeholders as needed, and make recommendations to drive flawless service delivery and operational excellence
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Petroleum Engineering or Mechanical/Chemical Engineering with MS in Petroleum/Oil & Gas or Well Engineering.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in well construction, completions, intervention and/or optimization with integrated projects in oilfield companies or 8 years operator experience as a drilling engineer. Competences should include drill bits/mills, BHA design, engineering simulations, field operations, preparation of programs, or similar.
- Experience working in at least two relevant applications: conventional rotary drilling, horizontal and/or multilateral wells, pad drilling, unconventional, coiled tubing drilling, underbalance or managed pressure drilling.
- Well control knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues across all businesses/cultures, achieve objectives through effective influencing, and establish credibility with senior leaders.
- Excellent analytics and problem-solving, including ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear and simple messages.
- MS office suite, power BI or other analytical tools, well engineering and design software (for example: hydraulics, torque and drag, casing/tubing design)
- Exposure to specific applications: Offshore operations (shallow and deep water), subsea and surface wellheads.
- Record of accomplishment of continuous improvement and optimization of designs and operations.
- Geo-mechanics knowledge
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.